Monday 28 November 2011

Where To Start......

Its been awhile. Well for starters I'm in my final year at university, which seems to have flown by. The 3rd year mostly consists of working on our Final Major Project (FMP), I never had an idea to pitch to start with so i opted to work on other peoples project as I felt it would give me a stronger/diverse showreel by the end of the year. So for starters here is my modelling showreel:



Everyone else (who actually had an idea) pitched them at the Maritime Museum and they all did an amazing job, and made me so much more enthusiastic to work on their projects. Out of the 25, 16 were chosen, and given my 'area' is 3D I started working on the two 3D films. Kernel, a film by Olly Skillman-Wilson, that explores the concept of knowledge is power. The story revolves around Leonard, an outcast of such, who is able to store knowledge (which has been banned) in plant bulbs, with the future intention of spreading the knowledge to those who are not part of the political machine. The second is Fentil: Another Life, a documentary by Dan Emmerson which is essentially Planet Dinosaur, set on an 'alien' moon in a completely different solar system, its wonderfully balanced between logical and alien. It follows a 'chase' scene between Platehead (prey) and Brighteye (predator). For both projects I am environment modelling, seeing as this is becoming a rather large post I will stop here and post seperatly for both projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment